There has been a real revival in interest in the fashions of the 1940’s and 50’s. I am sure we are looking back with rose tinted spectacles and seeing only what is best and most glamourous, but there was something about those times which is now seen as very special, quite sexy and cool. There is a growing trend in burlesque shows such as Club Noir in Glasgow, a fabulous night out for the adventurous among you!
I recently organised a pinup shoot with Kayleigh, as part of a makeover project. Supplying hair styling, makeup and vintage dress Kayleigh was transformed, and looked every inch the part. I love the look, and really enjoyed creating these images. Thanks to Nicola and Caroline at FairytaleFaces. And a special thank you darling and “mwah!” to Kayleigh.
So, if you are inspired by burlesque or vintage pin-up, why not give me a call and we can get something wonderful organised. Lovely ladies, I look forward to meeting you!!
0141 884 2250
- The Burlesque Workout (thehealthyhousewives.wordpress.com)
- Dita Von Teese casts a spell in sexy vintage lingerie (style.uk.msn.com)
- In the pink! (thisgirl.wordpress.com)
- Keeping Pinup Alive (preen.me)
- The Art of Vintage Part I by Allie Michelle (olivevintage.net)